Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgot to take pictures today will tomorrow.

My question is, is it legal? :laughing:

Reactions: Shockdoc

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it take longer to do. I would think stripping the romex and then the wire would be a pain.
Haven't stripped it in. I usually wait until the painters are done. :)

Reactions: caraz

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Not really

For instance, 4 pieces of romex going into a 3 G nail-on box might all be on one stacker, and be cut in all at once, and in an order that would allow for said loops (if needed) to be pulled into the box w/o twist of hangup

~CS~

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: guest

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
If any of my guys did resi work that looked that bad I would send them to the commercial crew.
What looks bad? You didn't see the final stage

Attachments

Reactions: guest and sbrn33

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
What is the advantage of this? Why not just stab your wires into the box, make up your grounds and be ready for trim?
a continuous run, less chances of a terminal failure, less waste, less material such as greenies, once a custom to, less time.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Shock is a penny pinchin miser with material and labor. Every little drop in the bucket helps when you have to haul ass to be competitive.
Inspectors always seem to be impressed with this method. I had one mumbling over 3 two wires under a staple, he the investigated a few outlets, said nothing and placed a green sticker in the window.

Reactions: guest and 3xdad

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Im gonna spice it up with some on the job pics

Attachments

Reactions: That_Dude
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.