Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Never Used Scotchkote
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wired a welder outlet the other day for a customer. He calls me up today and tells me it feels like its running on half capacity. So i go to check it out thinking a wire came loose from my outlet.
I get there and see it by the outlet so I plug it in to see if I can duplicate the problem. I push the plug In and it explodes. The guy tells me he wired that end and its worked fine for the past few years. I re do the cord cap and plug it back in and turn the breaker on and fit works great now!

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
It worked fine for the past few years, until he kept pulling on the cord to remove it from the outlet one too many times.

·
Never Used Scotchkote
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AZ86 said:
It worked fine for the past few years, until he kept pulling on the cord to remove it from the outlet one too many times.
It wasnt that bad yesterday when I tested the outlet. It was pulled an extra 1.5" out of te connector. And I wonder how they had it wired w the 4 wires and 3 pins.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It wasnt that bad yesterday when I tested the outlet. It was pulled an extra 1.5" out of te connector. And I wonder how they had it wired w the 4 wires and 3 pins.
Good Point. I wonder if something happened and he rewired it and forgot to cut the one lead back and or he connected the wrong leads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts