Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Kind of a big deal here
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is using LinkedIn and other forms of social media, and how's it working out? I joined LinkedIn about three weeks ago, and I'm amazed at who is on there that I work with daily. And even more than that, it's funny to see who knows who... Bosses are curious as to the effective nature of this whole social media business for our niche market.

·
Conservitum Americum
9,058 Posts
I've had numerous requests by colleagues to join their LinkedIn accounts. So far, I have succeeded in not joining the "In" crowd. They will probably get me by dragging me kicking and screaming into the void someday just like the iPhone did to me when all I wanted was a cellphone.

Friday, the damn iPhone crapped out while I was on an install :mad: and I had to resort to the company phone which has none of my contacts, email, texts, or photographs. I was in a funk all day. :(

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
I don't use any of it, nor do I plan to. I don't deny that it has some use, but it has none for me. They can read a web page, and email or phone. that's all they get from me.

I think that all the kids believe they are "connected" with all this crap, but in reality it is just an illusion of being connected, much like a gated housing development gives the illusion of security. I'm not connected, nor do I want to be connected, because I have no use for it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We use all of it, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn...because you can never tell where you will find your next customer!
They all produce results. They are all simple to manage - so why not?
Prolectric- Do you have a schedule for regularly posting stuff or only share stuff occasionally when you have something new?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.