Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Licensed Electrical Contractor (20 years)
143 Posts
Not over the windows.
Where you have them looks very good. I do a lot of these. My customers love them with a very soft glow. They're not for lighting a walkway. Just to enhance the house at night.
3-5 hours we'd have them installed and looking good.

·
Registered
143 Posts
3-5 hours and you’d have all the lights in that picture installed?

With a job like this, it could easily take me up to 1-2 hrs just to get all my lights laid out the way I want. I dont like mistakes. Especially when your drilling 4-6” holes. Pretty sure there’s lights around the side and the back too.
Yes, and a wall switch. I'm just stating the ones in the pic. He's already got them laid out. Just center them. Use the L wire method to make sure you don't hit a Joice. I've got a helper of course. He's young, skinny and fast in attics.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dang. That’s pretty fast.

I dont worries about hitting joists anymore, now that wafer lights are so popular. But there’s no way I could have everything drilled out, wires fished, switch installed and lights wired up in that amount of time. Even with a good helper I’d be at least 8-10hrs easy. It would be dark by the time we left.
I'm basing it on a house we just finished. Had twice that many lights we rolled on thru them very quick. I was surprised. Felt guilty charging so much.
I always tell customers to get to the switch or lights when fishing wires ''we may have to cut walls''. We try not to. But I'm not going to sit in one spot fishing wires for more then 5-10 minutes. Usually I can look at it and tell whether or not to even attempt fishing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts