Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a 3 day intro electrical contractor class.

The guy who taught the class encouraged the attendees to start with residential service (because it is typically a cash business) and move into the solar and lighting retrofit markets because you can stay away from gc's.

Is anybody really having success with solar and retrofits? I have always heard that solar and retrofits are a cutthroat business.

Just to make it perfectly clear. I am not naive enough to think I can open a shop after taking a three day class.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I took a 3 day intro electrical contractor class.

The guy who taught the class encouraged the attendees to start with residential service (because it is typically a cash business) and move into the solar and lighting retrofit markets because you can stay away from gc's.

Is anybody really having success with solar and retrofits? I have always heard that solar and retrofits are a cutthroat business.

Just to make it perfectly clear. I am not naive enough to think I can open a shop after taking a three day class.
Every aspect of the business is cuthroat. You have to establish references and that just takes time. Since the recession everyone wants cheap prices. There are a few who just want the job done and will pay good prices, but they are few and far between.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts