Electrician Talk banner

Solar Panels

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  backstay 
#1 ·
I am trying to design a small control panel system. Does anyone know a reference (website, book, etc) that has training on wiring, components and installing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Guy said:
I am trying to design a small control panel system. Does anyone know a reference (website, book, etc) that has training on wiring, components and installing? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
. Control panel for a solar array ? I've installed a lot of commercial systems and wouldn't consider any of what I put in a control panel . Panels wire in series and run back to a combiner box , from there heavier gauge cable runs your DC to an inverter . This obviously converts your DC into AC and ties you back into the grid ( or stores it ) , depending on what you're doing . We used to provide in interactive kiosk with a touch screen and large flat screen tv that would give out performance data from the system . Nothing could be controlled from here however . Solar isn't too hard to grasp and I'm sure there are some good books on it . I learned on the job and thought there was more to it than there was .

#4 ·
Guy said:
I am trying to design a small control panel system. Does anyone know a reference (website, book, etc) that has training on wiring, components and installing? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
. There's also the newer micro inverter panels ( which I haven't worked with ) , where each panel has it's own inverter and converts DC to AC right there . Less parts , but panels are more money .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.