Electrician Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was there till 2 am last night wiring custom LED tracks inside display cases........took these before I got busy.

Attachments

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Nice job. Don't forget to strap that ugly flex.

Oh yeah, protect the one that's 4 inches from the wall.

Edit:

Actually you should trash the flex and conduit in. Cut out the floor of the second cab. and figure something out.

Problem with working 2 AM. Ya just want to get her done.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
daveEM said:
Nice job. Don't forget to strap that ugly flex. Oh yeah, protect the one that's 4 inches from the wall. Edit: Actually you should trash the flex and conduit in. Cut out the floor of the second cab. and figure something out. Problem with working 2 AM. Ya just want to get her done.
how is he going to explain the big hole he made? That looks fine.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Looks good doc. Explains why we haven't seen much of you lately.

I know when your working like that, is when your Really making money. But that early morning to late LATE night stuff burns me out quick, and I start dragging and making lots of mistakes.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
looks good to me

only thing I would have done differently is strap the flex and use an escustcheon
We had a plumber on a job that I did years ago that would walk around throwing those things at us electricians....."Your holes look like crap, put one of these things on you idiot."

One of the guys did, thought it would look good. The inspector wanted it grounded.:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
We had a plumber on a job that I did years ago that would walk around throwing those things at us electricians....."Your holes look like crap, put one of these things on you idiot."

One of the guys did, thought it would look good. The inspector wanted it grounded.:laughing::laughing:

they make em in plastic

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
looks good to me

only thing I would have done differently is strap the flex and use an escustcheon

they make em in plastic
Never would have thought of using them before. Really not a bad idea, I like it, and i may do that next time I have a kitchen island. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
they make em in plastic
Didn't know that. I have to agree...they would make things look better. Have a link for what you use, or are you going to make me Google it?

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Didn't know that. I have to agree...they would make things look better. Have a link for what you use, or are you going to make me Google it?
naw, no links, the last time I used an escutcheon was for a vacuum system and I picked it up at Home Repot.

it was hinged and metal

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how is he going to explain the big hole he made? That looks fine.
The holes were off just in case measurements I wrote down, the display installer sucked, he cut my stubs down, layed the displys over them , mounted them and didn't even mark them. I was off on one of them by an 1"

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

That's where a gold/diamond ring falls down and some lucky slob finds it 50 years from now.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice work Doc!

What town is that in?

Love the "ghost" Santa Claus in the 2nd pic on post #2!
Oceanside, Long Beach rd.

Reactions: duque00
1 - 19 of 19 Posts