I've never seen anything that bad, but we were working a new construction/renovation on a School and were waiting for a 3-pole 150A breaker for the MDP to feed a sub panel.
It finally came in, and the boss' kid had it with him...whom also worked on and off with the company when A) he needed money and B) when he needed money :laughing:
Anywho, I was like "Shane, I'll put it in if you're not comfortable doing it" as it was a live install. He said he had it...so off I went doing something.
About 10 minutes later, there was a "earth shattering ka-boom" and the lights went out....a buddy and I ran to the mechanical room, not really sure what we'd find...but Shane had gotten knocked back against the wall looking at a screwdriver (or what was left of it) kind of dazed.
How he wasn't hurt/killed, I don't know...and we still don't really know what happened to cause the dead-short causing the main to trip...