Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Amazing they both lived to talk about it :eek: :eek:

Was it ever released what, if any, injuries they sustained from the blast??

Amazingly destructive blast:(

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
I happened to see it while I was watching the other videos linked to above, so I have no info. Looked scary though :eek:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've never seen anything that bad, but we were working a new construction/renovation on a School and were waiting for a 3-pole 150A breaker for the MDP to feed a sub panel.

It finally came in, and the boss' kid had it with him...whom also worked on and off with the company when A) he needed money and B) when he needed money:rolleyes: :laughing:

Anywho, I was like "Shane, I'll put it in if you're not comfortable doing it" as it was a live install. He said he had it...so off I went doing something.

About 10 minutes later, there was a "earth shattering ka-boom" and the lights went out....a buddy and I ran to the mechanical room, not really sure what we'd find...but Shane had gotten knocked back against the wall looking at a screwdriver (or what was left of it) kind of dazed.

How he wasn't hurt/killed, I don't know...and we still don't really know what happened to cause the dead-short causing the main to trip...

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
I've never seen anything that bad, but we were working a new construction/renovation on a School and were waiting for a 3-pole 150A breaker for the MDP to feed a sub panel.

It finally came in, and the boss' kid had it with him...whom also worked on and off with the company when A) he needed money and B) when he needed money:rolleyes: :laughing:

Anywho, I was like "Shane, I'll put it in if you're not comfortable doing it" as it was a live install. He said he had it...so off I went doing something.

About 10 minutes later, there was a "earth shattering ka-boom" and the lights went out....a buddy and I ran to the mechanical room, not really sure what we'd find...but Shane had gotten knocked back against the wall looking at a screwdriver (or what was left of it) kind of dazed.

How he wasn't hurt/killed, I don't know...and we still don't really know what happened to cause the dead-short causing the main to trip...

Probably shorted the buss to ground.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Evenif he didn't sustain physical injuries when it happened, he may still contract cataracs(sp) up to 3 years after it happened.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you were to take a close look at the video with the fault at the outside equipment, you will see that there were 3 individuals in that cabinet when the bolted fault occurred. One guy rolled out of the camera angle. The camera was for surveillance. the other two were still in the angle, one of them is actually on fire. All three were hospitalized and released. One was seriously injured.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts