Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· NJ-IEC
14,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's kind of a hurry up and do it job. Water was literally leaking out of the panel during a rain storm. The main breaker was so badly ruined it wouldn't even turn off manually. The old Murray's with this type MB is like a cousin to FPE!

Attachments

· Banned
16,850 Posts
Look$ good Mag. Did you sleeve the SE or new?

What are duplex conn.?
Those connectors on the top of the panel are duplex connectors used primarily for MC cable. You can use them for NM cable too, but I don't see a point to that when a regular NM cable connector will do. Just seems like a waste of material and they take up more room. Otherwise it looks good.

· NJ-IEC
14,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They're all new connectors. I've decided to include them in my upgrades. I'm aware the button connectors can be used - and I do use them - but they're cheap looking and a little amateurish now that I think about it. This service will last for 75 years!

· Banned
16,850 Posts
They're all new connectors. I've decided to include them in my upgrades. I'm aware the button connectors can be used - and I do use them - but they're cheap looking and a little amateurish now that I think about it. This service will last for 75 years!
I thought you hated GE? :001_huh: Nothing "amateurish" about the black button connectors at all.

· Registered
6,224 Posts
I thought you hated GE? :001_huh: Nothing "amateurish" about the black button connectors at all.
Even if you don't like black buttons 2 screw Rome connectors are rated for 2 12-2s or 2 14-2s. Heck, there are also the gray raco/Arlington plastic connectors that are a bit larger profile. All far cheaper than duplex MC connectors.

· Banned
4,430 Posts
The only thing more "amateurish" then installing the cheapest,crappiest panel known to mankind is using the wrong connectors.

LMFAO

· Registered
6,735 Posts
Im not at all impressed with GE panels, but ive used them on jobs where the bottom dollar was the only thing that mattered. When cheap is what they want, cheap is what they get.

Put a panel in a shed 2 weeks ago, and $$$ was tight. I threw in a GE instead of a homeline and saved close to $40 just with the panel & breakers. I wouldn't put one in my house, but who am I to tell them how to spend their money.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.