Electrician Talk banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts
BBQ said:
I agree, but nothing really shockingly bad.

It depends on what go in the boxes.

Now that is some funny stuff, there is no 'right' direction only personal preference.

I challenge you to find any manufacturers directions that say which way to use them.
Haha I get to throw that 110.3 (b) right back later at you

The holes that were cut for the boxes are a tad over sized and a lousy job of installing the madison straps..

Just a matter of time before those boxes become loose in the wall and fall out..

What are the chances the guy even installed the madison straps in the right direction.. :no:

It also looks like he has more than (9) conductors in a 1.5" deep box..
There are 4" sq box extensions there fwiw.

Tom:thumbsup:

Here's a tip for your guys when installing the Jiffy clips (Madison bars). Pull them in tight towards you and start to bend the in-towards the box and squeeze them closed with your strippers. Makes em' good and tight:thumbsup:. I wouldn't be caught dead installing them loose as those guys did.

Jerry beat me to it, I was going to say that I also have seen E-straps with the word "UP" and the arrow.

Yes, that was a 7/8" paddle bit being driven with an m18 drill. It hurt like hell
Were you holding the other side of the stud and forgot what you were doing? :laughing:

Looks like it's healing nicely. I once put my phillips bit holder through my nail. It was a fountain of blood.

Were you holding the other side of the stud and forgot what you were doing? :laughing:

Looks like it's healing nicely. I once put my phillips bit holder through my nail. It was a fountain of blood.

I had made an opening to install a cutin box. I drilled all four corners and used my sawzall to finish the four cuts. First one was perfect. I had to make another one right beside it for the HDMI cable. Working off a ladder so I was holding on by the first hole and my drill broke out the side of the hole and jammed right into my finger. I was only doing it because I was 12' off the floor and I wanted to hold on:)

I've only been an apprentice for 7 months so I have no platform to judge from but the guys I work under would be all over me if I did work like that. Plus its a pride thing, obviously they don't care what their work looks like.

MarkyMark said:
Which product in particular from this millennium are you referring too? As crappy as old work metal boxes with F=clips are, I have yet to find an alternative that is not equally crappy.
I've seen metal boxes that have extensions on the sides of the box so that when you tighten each screw it sucks it up tight to the drywall. Pretty nice, snug fit.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.