Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of those days yesterday where you think you have everything but instead youre searching through every crevice in the van. I only had a bad ko set on the van so i had to drive home to get my other set. Back and forth through the mud climbing through a window to get to the basement.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
If the panel already had ground bars in it why didn't you just bond it and use them?

Edit: I see that it is already bonded.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
butcher733 said:
If the panel already had ground bars in it why didn't you just bond it and use them?
The last one i posted i used them and someone said why dont you take those out and just use the neut bars so i tried it that way.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hack Work said:
Instead of piping the feeder in separately, I would have just shoved a piece of SE cable down the center pipe with the romex :thumbup:
We cant use se here. Its a city code all panels/subs have to be in conduit

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
If it's not the main disconnect, I always pull the ground bars out and use them on main panels that don't come with ground bars. That's $6-9 of pure profit baby.
Wouldn't you pull them if the panel was the main disco? Or am I confused?

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
Hax, we don't allow SE cable in these parts. Hell, where he is at they don't even allow MC cable.
Is that a 30 space 150 in a new house. That is crazy, and as an owner I would be pissed if I bought the house. Hell I won't even do that in a habitat house. You save what. $15 maybe $20.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sbrn33 said:
Hax, we don't allow SE cable in these parts. Hell, where he is at they don't even allow MC cable. Is that a 30 space 150 in a new house. That is crazy, and as an owner I would be pissed if I bought the house. Hell I won't even do that in a habitat house. You save what. $15 maybe $20.
Yep 30 space 150. We originally bid it for a 200 but they said nope we only want 150s. House is pretty tiny probably the smallest ive done.

·
Florida resident
3,898 Posts
So you took all day to cut in a panel you must be raking it in

·
Registered
9,308 Posts
I would like to see 2 conduits for the bundles. Odd circuits on the left, even on the right, with the SE in the middle.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts