Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Ah, which way was it going? Can you describe what I'm looking at?

I just bumped my head over on the other forum on this exact issue...:blink:

Breath some verbage on this puppy!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they strung a piece of what appears to be 16 or 18 gauge wire out of the outlet trim off te groundscrew into an acorn for water heater with 8 gauge stranded thn wire really wonder why people do things like this? Moved washer in front of it so noone would see im assuming

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
From the other forum;

"As provided in 250.130(C) the equipment grounding conductor shall be permitted to be run separately from the circuit conductors.

An example; a furnace in a utility room in a basement wired with a 2 wire Romex without ground. Electrical service is upstairs at far end of house.
Copper water main enters basement, is located directly beside the water heater and furnace. Customer replaces furnace that requires an equipment ground, 250.134(B) would allow an equipment grounding conductor to be run to the water service within 5 feet of entry."

When I bought my house I had a aluminum exposed #6 attached to dryer from cold water pipe. I later ran a new circuit and recycled the AL.

I thought one could only run this on exposed flex and bonded on one end.
Living the code.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.