Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Oops I see it. Yeah don't buy those. We shouldn't support southwire hand tools and the way they've tried to infiltrated the market with their over priced foreign garbage
Those tools cost as much or more than american made brands of equal or greater quality. If this isn't cutting out american jobs for pure greed I don't know what is.

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
797 Posts
Avoid Southwire tools like it's herpes. :whistling2:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
LB_Electric said:
Lowes has them for 119 and they cut up to 750 kcmil are they good? Any one have tjem?
. Overpriced , foreign garbage ! Lowes is a corporate whore for getting rid of the real name brands for this knock off crap . If you want to buy foreign tools , buy something from Germany ( knipex comes to mind ) . Well made , to last a lifetime !

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
At least there's one or two things out there we can still all agree on

·
Banned
16,977 Posts
I predict that Southwire tools will be a massive failure. However, they will save themselves if they just rebrand made in USA Klein stuff instead of the Chinese made Klein stuff they're trying to pawn off as Southwire tools.

Klein, are you listening?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Where can you buy American made, ratcheting cable cutters for less than $120? I see people stating "overpriced"?

I'm not defending Southwire, but for $120 I'd consider them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a pair of Klein journeyman cable cutters. Ratcheting seems like cheating. Although, bolt cutters are quite effective.

·
Registered
418 Posts
SamoanThor said:
I have a pair of Klein journeyman cable cutters. Ratcheting seems like cheating. Although, bolt cutters are quite effective.
You are not gonna be able to cut 250's with cable cutters

1 - 20 of 34 Posts