Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Estwing magic
27,575 Posts
I would space my receptacles out so they are on each side of the heater. I don't know what the official code book says but my personal code book would not subtract the space taken up by the heater from useable wall space.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rule 26-712(a) - Appendix B
In laying out the location of receptacle outlets in residential premises, consideration should be given to the placement of electric baseboard heaters, hot air registers, and hot water or steam registers to avoid having cords pass over hot or conductive surfaces wherever possible.

It's a "should" not a "shall not" though.....

also if you read the instructions for the heater it will most likely say the not to place it under receptacles, I know Dimplex does.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rule 26-712(a) - Appendix B
In laying out the location of receptacle outlets in residential premises, consideration should be given to the placement of electric baseboard heaters, hot air registers, and hot water or steam registers to avoid having cords pass over hot or conductive surfaces wherever possible.

It's a "should" not a "shall not" though.....

also if you read the instructions for the heater it will most likely say the not to place it under receptacles, I know Dimplex does.
Nice one. I thought I read appendix b for that rule, but apparently not well enough!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.