Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd better check in since I'm new to this forum. Just sitting here this morning, having coffee and looking out over the Tanana Valley and Alaska Range. We've had an unusually beautiful Spring here in the Interior of Alaska. Anyway, been lurking on this site for awhile and as an Electrical Administrator / Contractor have found much valuable insight & tips here. Appreciate the combined experience and knowledge base that I've seen here. Keep up the good work. Thanks:thumbup1::thumbup1:

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Hey there............welcome to the loonie bin:thumbsup:

I've always wanted to go to Alaska....it would be awesome to see.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Thought I'd better check in since I'm new to this forum. Just sitting here this morning, having coffee and looking out over the Tanana Valley and Alaska Range. We've had an unusually beautiful Spring here in the Interior of Alaska. Anyway, been lurking on this site for awhile and as an Electrical Administrator / Contractor have found much valuable insight & tips here. Appreciate the combined experience and knowledge base that I've seen here. Keep up the good work. Thanks:thumbup1::thumbup1:
Welcome aboard...:thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there............welcome to the loonie bin:thumbsup:

I've always wanted to go to Alaska....it would be awesome to see.
And I've always wanted to see the Atlantic coast of Canada. Every part of this big earth has its own beauty. Make a trip up here n the fall, a little cooler but the Interior is vividly beautiful then.

·
13,020 Posts
I've been getting into identifying wild plants a lot the last year or three. Went to a big native wildflower show yesterday with my folks, now I'm thinking about hiking down the creek trail near my house this morning and trying to find some rare sh!t.

Springtime is nice here :thumbup: Found a bunch of wild camas flowers growing in my parents' meadow. The bulbs are edible and sweet but you have to be careful not to confuse it with the similar but highly toxic meadow deathcamas.

And my Red Columbines are blooming (Aquilegia formosa):thumbsup:

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
I hate winter(cold) now. No Spring in Edmonton yet. Zero today with a slight touch of snow on the ground this AM (5:30…). WTF?

Enough of Canada, back to Alaska. Watch the odd Alaskan State Troopers. Nice country but you must have 10 months of winter there?

·
Senior Moment
7,895 Posts
I took my snow tires off today, still have snow in the shady areas and the mountains.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Rollie73 said:
Hey there............welcome to the loonie bin:thumbsup: I've always wanted to go to Alaska....it would be awesome to see.
That's what I always said about the east coast. Turns out not so great. Just kidding loved so much went back two summers in a row. Still didn't see every thing. Alaska will be the next on my getaways I think. Only saw pics , but looks like a great place to visit.
Let's face it .. What's in southern Ontario anyone would travel that far to see.
Northern Ont. Different story.... now that my little guys are getting older going to make some fishing trips.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Yeah you lot will probably have frost on your backsides until June up there

But man, do you have nice springs:thumbsup:

Seems like the further north one goes, the more aggressive spring seems

It's like all the wee beasties and wilderness knows it's time is short to do it's thing

~CS~

·
Registered
19 Posts
You got it CS. Time is short for nature to do it's thing. The buds on the trees today look different than yesterday. Could be leaves tomorrow. There's some truth to the saying that summer comes on like a light switch up here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.