Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
332 Posts
erics37 said:
Not true, many of us dislike QO, myself included. I've seen more QO stab failures than probably any other brand (except ITE 4-pole 200 mains). And the AFCI breakers are ridiculous to install.
You didn't catch my sarcasm. I don't have that button on my phone. :) I'm right there with ya on the QO. Overpriced, and not very user friendly as far as the location of the neutral bus, the fact that if you want separated neutrals and grounds you have to buy a separate bar, and like you said, those absolutely awful AFCI breakers. In my opinion, it is not an "upsell" as some like to call it. If any of the new style "residential grade" panels are installed correctly, and not overloaded, they will all perform flawlessly for many many years.

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chris1971 said:
Lightning strike?
40 year old panel, this is the 4th one to fail. Always behind the water heater breaker. They have about 30 more that they now want to change before they burn. Too bad it's going out on a bid, I've always been there off hours to change them.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Reactions: 8V71
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.