Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the difference between a qo2100 and qo2100c? 2100 came from the supply house at $83. 2100c from box store at $55. They appear to be exactly the same other then the c on the end.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Anyone know the difference between a qo2100 and qo2100c? 2100 came from the supply house at $83. 2100c from box store at $55. They appear to be exactly the same other then the c on the end.
They're both ripping you off. I pay considerably less from my supply house. Does it actually say QO2100c on the box?

·
Electrical Contractor
5,632 Posts
The big box store product is packaged vs open box.
The contents are the same.
I have seen this before with other stuff.
Lutron dimmers are a good example. Same product, but add a letter or number to the packaged one.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wendon said:
They're both ripping you off. I pay considerably less from my supply house. Does it actually say QO2100c on the box?
I know the supply house is a rip off. Theirs is in a box. Depot is packaged in plastic. Qo2100 on box. Qo2100c on package from depot.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
2100c is not in the Square D Digest
They're both for sale on Amazon and are definitely priced different. Who at Square D would be willing to leak some info?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wonder if the "c" suffix indicates that it is Chinese manufactured?
I have seen this with IEC circuit breakers from the same parent company - the items with a "c" on the end of the part number were made for the Chinese market and were cheaper than the exact same items made for the export market. The price difference came down to a lack of UL markings.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ran into this years ago with a plumbing fixture. It was one letter off. $100 cheaper at depot. The guy at the plumbing supply house said everything was the same except depot substituted plastic fittings for brass. Not sure if thats the same thing here. Guess I should call Square D.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
I just wanted to add that nobody is ripping anyone off.

Some places simply charge more for the product. You don't have to buy it there.

And...I guarantee that I can get quality electrical work done for less than you charge......:thumbup:

Now, if a supply house has been selling you a product on account for $10 and all of a sudden you get charged $20, they are trying to rip you off. In my experience, they are notorious for that tactic. They hope it will slide by and often, it does. **** those ****ing ****ers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.