Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a bid for two new roof top airhandlers. I have to install a 100 amp three phase sub panel. The existing service is a 1200 amp 120/208 Square D i line.
An existing 100 amp breaker has a part number of FA36100. I think this means series FA, 3 pole, 600 volt, 100 amp, but I could be wrong. My question is: Will a FA34100 or a FA32100 work? I found all three breakers on my supply house website, and the prices drop from $720-$620-$485. I also found a new, in the box FA34100 in my shop with all the stuff I bought from my old employer when he retired. Needless to say, I would love to use this breaker, but if I can't I would rather buy the FA32100 for $485 than the FA36100 for $720.
It's Saturday and I can't get a hold of my salesman. So much for call me on my cell anytime.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Also keep in mind that FA,FC FH & FI breakers have been discontinued by SqD....just in case your customer is picky about installing discontinued items.
The replacements are now HDA, HGA, HJA... all of which we stock... (I also still have plenty of new surplus FA's in stock.
And in all reality in your 208 or 240v application the correct breaker should have been the Q2 (or now QDA) I-Line breaker... might check the AIC desired... many options, let me know if I can help you on anything.

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
I have already slapped in QO adapters and stuck a QO breaker in 208V I-Line panels

Reactions: LBC Jesse

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have already slapped in QO adapters and stuck a QO breaker in 208V I-Line panels
Those are quite handy, I have customers that request them when they want to add (for example) 6- 1p 20a QO's for lighting... the adapter is not super cheap, but the 6 QO's will offset the difference quickly compared to 6 1p 20a i-line breakers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.