Electrician Talk banner

Square Punch

799 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  power
I have these square switches I would like to occasionally install. Sometimes they'd be in various cabinets, boxes, equipment, etc. It gets to be a pain in the butt to keep drilling, sawing, grinding, filing......

It appears this rocker switch (shown below) would need about a 1 1/8" x 7/8" square hole for a press-in-fit.

Does anyone know of a company who manufacturers a square punch? Either hydraulically pressed, or screw drive (draw stud) similar to our KO cutters?

Gadget Auto part Electronics accessory Transparency Rectangle
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Local 3 IBEW Tool House - Supply
1,401 Posts
Like @joe-nwt mentioned, Greenlee makes a bunch of different square punches, but they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive!
a standard 2-1/4 x 3-1/2 gem box punch has a list price of $2312.05 and Greenlee doesn't give the best discounts to distributors. It would probably run you $1800 - $2000

· Registered
Local 3 IBEW Tool House - Supply
1,401 Posts
that size is much more reasonable...still expensive, but worth it if you have to do enough of them. That one has a list price of $412.65 from Greenlee. We would sell that one for about $370, but don't stock it. Showing as "Not Available" on Greenlee's portal, so if this guy has it in stock like it says, I'd be surprised. It's not exactly an off the shelf kind of thing, but he's a telecom guy, so maybe. We supply more to commercial electrical and NYC Transit system contractors

1 - 2 of 2 Posts