Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Electrical Contractor
5,618 Posts
Whats with the spring mounted microwave and fridge??

Nice pipe work

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice work, looks good. What size pipe are you running? I know the discos are 400a and could figure it out myself, but I'm not sure if they are fused at 400 or not.

Also I would Love a Snap shot of the inside of that can =). What did you end up doing in there??

Again good job looks awesome.

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice work, looks good. What size pipe are you running? I know the discos are 400a and could figure it out myself, but I'm not sure if they are fused at 400 or not.

Also I would Love a Snap shot of the inside of that can =). What did you end up doing in there??

Again good job looks awesome.
Well ill snap one this week for ya .

There company switches 400A 3 PH double neutrals some have isolated grounds . feed is 2 runs of 3 inch conduit with 3/0 copper thwn-2
ABCNNGG . It has a breaker inside so you just pipe into the top the bottom you can direct connect to lugs or use the twist in cam locks on the bottom . We had about 20 on the stage BOH area to supply power when theres a show .Each one is 208/120v 3ph . Its to keep the noise down during a show that transformers make and they can hook up easy to anything needed by the show people .

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're still fooling with that little job?
Well were still wondering when the buildings going to be dry the roof is not done yet and its been two and a half years . I only have three more small feeders to pull but the walls are not done yet so cant do it .
Its going to open in November this year but since iam not a fan of opera or musical drama or stage acting I don't care .
I just want off the job and start something new out of the ground and can only hope its not government city or state .
:laughing:

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really wish they would call them something other than 'company switch'

It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure the name has a background that would make sense.
Company switch is the name that the old stage folks used meaning that's there power connection during a show also we have TPE temp power electric
there 100amp cam locks and there 25 or so of them and we have shore power 200amp cam locks out side for broadcast companies like NBC CBS Time Warner to connect up to the mobile SAT vans .
The small boxes are not mine I think there sound conduits like audio mics and such I only do distribution on any job .If its not 1 1/4 " or larger pipe its not mine .
I cant wait to get off this job before the stage folks hit the job and start changing things .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.