Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Client has a custom bar upper cabinet that has 2 pucks inside the cabinet and a strip under cab. each has a long lead with this connector. Is it for a specific driver or is it a common way to connect the leads?
Wood Gesture Hand tool Flooring Hardwood

·
Registered
Electrical contractor 37 years. Electrical inspector 2 years
1,862 Posts
I believe the plug ends are for the homeowner or low informational person to install their own lights. It gets plugged into the power supply. No cutting, stripping, splicing. Usually I see that on low end set ups.

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
5,147 Posts
I believe the plug ends are for the homeowner or low informational person to install their own lights. It gets plugged into the power supply. No cutting, stripping, splicing. Usually I see that on low end set ups.
Actually, Richelieu (hardware supplier) has cabinet lighting which is modular and works very well for cabinet manufacturers. (Definitely not low end).
Even Lotus cabinet lighting has modular ends.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ive seen a few styles of connector.. they all have something similar. All are not created equal. Likely they are 12v, that's pretty typical. Polarity could be anything. the connector may very brand to brand but if the voltage is the same they should run any puck. How many I dont know. I have seen a few constant current drivers on puck lights before but it's not common. The lights will all be in series if thats the case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts