Electrician Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want start a company just by myself and I am not sure if I should start it as a LLC? What did you guys do? Are there pros and cons when using a LLC, natural name, or trade name?

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
30,871 Posts
LegalZoom .com $99 bucks LLC

Reactions: flyboy

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,270 Posts
Ask a lawyer

I worked as a sole proprietor with general liability insurance for years. In Pa. if you don't use your full name in the title you had to apply for a fictitious name ($70). But I would ask a lawyer nowadays with all the sue happy people out there, a LLC may be the way to go, (my wife’s nephew is being sued for hitting a fence, and the peoples house he came from. It was a DUI but traumatic experience for a fence come on)

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Go with an accountant. Your gonna need one if your successful, might as well start off on the right foot.

·
Mad Skills
5,803 Posts
Everyone's situation and goals are different...seek help from an accountant.

There a few threads floating around that cover your question:
http://www.electriciantalk.com/search.php?searchid=3764074
http://www.electriciantalk.com/search.php?searchid=3764089

You would do well to read them and maybe revive one.

I just tried those links, they don't work.

Nope. They don't.
They were just keyword searches for 4 letter words like "sole"..as in Sole Proprietor...LLC might come up in the search, but 3 letter words usually do not.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
30,871 Posts
Yeah, Legal Zoom is a great way to go. Although I'm a better safe than sorry guy, so speaking to an attorney and/or an accountant is a good idea too.
Legal Zoom now has a service where they hook you up with an attorney from your area to give you legal advice regarding the stuff Legal Zoom sells. Cheaper than going it alone on the average with the phone book.

And I don't even get any considerations from them. Which is not really fair since you all know how often I speak up in public places to my many many listeners about what a wonderful service Legal Zoom provides. What would be really cool is if you could get a ten percent discount for using the promo code Macmikeman, yepper...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts