Electrician Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first year apprentice 3 months into the trade. Spent 5 years in sales selling lawn care products so I'm coming in about as green as you can be. I just found this site today and i'm hoping to pick up some pointers from the guys that know the trade.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
I'm a first year apprentice 3 months into the trade. Spent 5 years in sales selling lawn care products so I'm coming in about as green as you can be. I just found this site today and i'm hoping to pick up some pointers from the guys that know the trade.
Welcome to the forum there is plenty to learn right here...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
Five years in lawn care...and coming in green? You need to watch those chemicals.

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Pleas feel free to post when your ready. We don't bite. Well, at least most of us don't....:thumbup::laughing:

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Pleas feel free to post when your ready. We don't bite. Well, at least most of us don't....:thumbup::laughing:
Yea, but some really do hurt.

Reactions: Chris1971

·
Registered
164 Posts
sparky711 said:
Do your best always

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
welcome to the few.....the proud.....the totally lost......~CS~

·
Registered
234 Posts
Cletis said:
Your better off going back into sales. Just an opinion though
Haha. Get out. Electrical is a solid job. Clean work and decent pay cheques . You'll never be poor, and always a well respected job.

·
Registered
234 Posts
sparky711 said:
I was green. I was offered a job through family friends. I was 18 in university but kinda confused as to a career. When I was offered the job my parents said you should take it, youll never be broke and it's well respected.

I have some very funny stories from when I forst started. Maybe I'll share one of the many for a laugh: ok. Get this:

So there I am. Day 1. First day on a construction site. Didn't even know what a Phillips screwdriver was. Straight from university. 19 and I thought I knew it all. Residential wood frame ( where te workers can be somewhat rough-necks) Showed up with my brand new dirty boots (that I had previosly and purposely scuffed up the night befor in my front yard). During one of my first tasks my foreman asked me to goto the 'greenlee and grab the sawhorse' Acarred to ask what the f*ck both of those were I headed in the direction of where he pointed. Thankfully I found the jobbox he was referring to as 'greenlee' (it was printed down the side of it). So there I was sweating, scarred and thinking. What the f*ck is a sawhorse. Pretty rookie right. It gets better.

Sawhorse. Hmmmm sawhorse? What could he possibly be talking about. And then I saw it. The skil saw. Sawhorse he said. Well that's a saw. I don't see a horse but its a saw. So back I went. Proud. Content. I had done it. Random elimination right

When u got back to my foreman he looked at me and said "what the f*ck is that". And I'll remember this forever. I went instantly red, a bead of sweat ran down my head. I raised the skill saw and said....

"saw horse".

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was green. I was offered a job through family friends. I was 18 in university but kinda confused as to a career. When I was offered the job my parents said you should take it, youll never be broke and it's well respected.

I have some very funny stories from when I forst started. Maybe I'll share one of the many for a laugh: ok. Get this:

So there I am. Day 1. First day on a construction site. Didn't even know what a Phillips screwdriver was. Straight from university. 19 and I thought I knew it all. Residential wood frame ( where te workers can be somewhat rough-necks) Showed up with my brand new dirty boots (that I had previosly and purposely scuffed up the night befor in my front yard). During one of my first tasks my foreman asked me to goto the 'greenlee and grab the sawhorse' Acarred to ask what the f*ck both of those were I headed in the direction of where he pointed. Thankfully I found the jobbox he was referring to as 'greenlee' (it was printed down the side of it). So there I was sweating, scarred and thinking. What the f*ck is a sawhorse. Pretty rookie right. It gets better.

Sawhorse. Hmmmm sawhorse? What could he possibly be talking about. And then I saw it. The skil saw. Sawhorse he said. Well that's a saw. I don't see a horse but its a saw. So back I went. Proud. Content. I had done it. Random elimination right

When u got back to my foreman he looked at me and said "what the f*ck is that". And I'll remember this forever. I went instantly red, a bead of sweat ran down my head. I raised the skill saw and said....

"saw horse".
cute

1 - 18 of 18 Posts