Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Envision and Paramida LED's are junk. I got sent to a client's mountain cabin to change all light bulbs in the house to LED's and all can trims to LED's. They wanted me to get the bulbs through a lighting store they use regularly. These two brands claim to be dimmable and are not. They seem to works on off fine on a regular switch. As soon as they were put on a Lutron C/L dimmer they turned into strobe lights. I also had multiple bulbs come out of the box in pieces. So I had to go home and then drive back up at a later date after ordering Feit bulbs through my distributer. Stay away from Envision and Paramida.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,650 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. All led's are not created equal and if Lutron dimmers don't work then IMO they are not dimmable

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,650 Posts
Was the dimmer from Lutron one of the magnetic low voltage dimmers? I always have the best luck with those.
Lutron CL dimmers are made for LED and CFL bulbs. I assume these are not low voltage units by just 120V LED bulbs

·
Can't Remember
10,139 Posts
I still think we are at stage where some experimentation or willingness to try other brands of dimmers is expected. If it works the first time around, great, but if you are playing with some off brands, don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the asiend ones Idk the spelling the only toggle c/l ones from lutron. I have a problem with this forum. I'm on the golf course and checking ET!

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Got a house right now where I installed all Maestro CL's and the homeowner put in Costco LED bulbs.. they claim there is a buzzing/humming type noise. What a pain in the arse.

Thinking I'll try a regular Maestro (non-CL) and see if they stop buzzing. The bulbs ARE dimmable by the way. Usually I use Philips from the supply shop, but they are double the price of the ones from Costco.

·
I like ceiling fans & EMT
Former commercial, occasional (small) residential
950 Posts
Best quality LED bulbs I've used are Sylvania but I've also had some comparably bad ones from Sylvania.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I just don't believe a lot of LED fixtures were ready for prime time marketing

~CS~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts