Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:party: Took a stroll down to HF this week and couldn't help but share all the great deals with everyone here at ET.

First off - band saw $83. Small gas sipping generator $123. Ridgid pipe threader up to 2" $125. Flat screen tv bracket $32.

I start hyperventilating when i see these great prices. Nothing like a cheap thrill, and the feeling of getting one over on somebody. I love America! :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
:party: Took a stroll down to HF this week and couldn't help but share all the great deals with everyone here at ET.

First off - band saw $83. Small gas sipping generator $123. Ridgid pipe threader up to 2" $125. Flat screen tv bracket $32.

I start hyperventilating when i see these great prices. Nothing like a cheap thrill, and the feeling of getting one over on somebody. I love America! :thumbup:
Think about all of those poor Chinese children in Chicago stuffing those spare motor brushes into plastic bags for their electrical equipment.:whistling2:

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may go buy that small generator here soon, just to keep on the trailer. You just cant beat the price.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I may go buy that small generator here soon, just to keep on the trailer. You just cant beat the price.
It works pretty well.....but If you don't use it a lot and it sits the carb will be ****ed

Its noisy as **** and vibrates so bad it walks

Other than that its OK.....lol

You can get a similar one from a northern tools around the same price

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It works pretty well.....but If you don't use it a lot and it sits the carb will be ****ed

Its noisy as **** and vibrates so bad it walks

Other than that its OK.....lol

You can get a similar one from a northern tools around the same price
Same quality too, or better? Northern Tool is another one I love, its just the cheap prices that bring me to HF.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,355 Posts
Unibits, paddle bits, and hydraulic hole punches!

Hand tools pretty much suck. The bits aren't that great either, but the big guys make crappy ones as well!:whistling2:

The hydraulic hole k/o set rocks though!

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unibits, paddle bits, and hydraulic hole punches!

Hand tools pretty much suck. The bits aren't that great either, but the big guys make crappy ones as well!:whistling2:

The hydraulic hole k/o set rocks though!
Now there's something I really could use. A hydro K/o set. Didn't see one on this last adventure, Ill make sure I keep my eyes peeled the next time around.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,355 Posts
Now there's something I really could use. A hydro K/o set. Didn't see one on this last adventure, Ill make sure I keep my eyes peeled the next time around.
I have five of them. You can watch the sales and pick them up for about $80.

You need to check to make sure all the threads on the studs work with the threads on the punches........That seems to be the only problem I have run into. Other than that, they seem to work quite well. My oldest is now 4 years old, and works as well as the day it was purchased, although not used every single day.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have five of them. You can watch the sales and pick them up for about $80.

You need to check to make sure all the threads on the studs work with the threads on the punches........That seems to be the only problem I have run into. Other than that, they seem to work quite well. My oldest is now 4 years old, and works as well as the day it was purchased, although not used every single day.
I dont buy tools that get used constantly from here, just stuff like this where ill use maybe a dozen times a year or so. Good looking out man, I think the green lee's are normally around $250 at the SH.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,355 Posts
Doing resi/commercial service I just don't need a Greenlee unit. If I was pumping out a ton of TI's or ground up commercial, I would "Invest" in a Greenlee unit. But for those of us that only need it now and then, It is a great option.

Reactions: MHElectric
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.