Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
I think it would be much more fun to take the stickers or cards of other electricians or inspectors you don't like, and when you are at the county building stick em to an overflowing trash can, plugged up toilet, or urinal with a sharpie note like "inspected by . . ."

I stick my card on those magnetic card things and leave em here and there once in a while

·
Armed and Unhinged
424 Posts
Why? If you are doing the work the sticker was useless
To keep the work coming to the company I'm with, thus keeping me in work. If a trouble alarm won't clear out, and the customer see's on the door "for service call: notmyemployer electric, 215 555 5555" who do you think is getting the call.

May be a d0uche bag move, but I try to keep work coming to my employer so I can keep working.

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
Just get stickers that are larger than most, so they'll completely cover the old sticker...

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
When I was doing a lot of residential, we used to print the schedule with our name and logo and contact info at the top of the sticker. The customer never wants to remove the panel schedule so it worked out well.
I had a local print shop make a few templates up for me....one for Square D, one for Siemens and one for Cutler Hammer panels so they would fit in place of the existing stickers that come with the panels.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I still do that, although not as custom specific Rollie

We started making a computerized model, prints out on sticky back , and save to each customer as built file.

Works good when they call in for service...

~CS~

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
If you go ripping off other electricians stickers I guarantee you this will come back to you one day. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Why are you scared of a little competition? Don't be, try doing a little better on the service end and less about what your so-called "competition" is doing.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
If you go ripping off other electricians stickers I guarantee you this will come back to you one day. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Why are you scared of a little competition? Don't be, try doing a little better on the service end and less about what your so-called "competition" is doing.
I'm guessing you found yours taped to a urinal . . .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.