took the pipe off, straightened the lb's up, sleeved a stick on each and...>

filled the LB's with spray foam insulation & energized the mess>

It doesn't get uglier than this....

~CS~

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
beauty is in the eye of the beholder! especaly when its that cold! it worked, didnt it?:thumbup:
The serv ent cables were damaged, so it's all about buying time Papa

The poco rep demanded a permit, which i can pull online & email my ahj, but he's not around NY's day, so they've energized it on faith it'll be done right

There was no way i was getting the parts (or at least the parts i wanted) 12-31-2013, at least not around here

And there's an Inn full of skiers that wouldn't like the downtime if i did have it all

Guess what this costs to fix right....

~CS~

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
My ahj is a real nice guy Pete, but i just know he's gonna say something along the lines of 'stepped in it again!' when he sees this mess :whistling2:~CS~
Could be... but in the temperatures you posted I'm quite sure the AHJ isn't gonna look too hard or too long. I know I wouldn't. I would just make sure what you did wouldn't burn the place down... and I know it wouldn't.

Pete

Reactions: micromind

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
to do it right, a lot! how much to do it temp.on new years day?:eek:
It's just an em call rate for the repair, but to redo the whole drop, new 350kcmil cu in 3" pvc to strut, serv rated fused sw ,3" sealtight X2 into old main panel , sub it out , move and/or redo GEC's to MBJ outside , w/ bucket lift, approaches 10K.

The problem is, they gotta buy it

And the 'powers that be' aren't going to like it existing in 'temp limbo' until they do....

~CS~

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Could be... but in the temperatures you posted I'm quite sure the AHJ isn't gonna look too hard or too long. I know I wouldn't. I would just make sure what you did wouldn't burn the place down... and I know it wouldn't.

Pete
I'm not exactly comfortable leaving it like this for too long, neither will my ahj when he gets back in his office (and sees these pix i mailed him) , or the poco.

The prob is, there's a lot of this that goes on after a storm

The line crew that came has been working insane hours, lotta bandaids out there right now, and there's another storm moving in

~CS~

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
I'm not exactly comfortable leaving it like this for too long, neither will my ahj when he gets back in his office (and sees these pix i mailed him) , or the poco.

The prob is, there's a lot of this that goes on after a storm

The line crew that came has been working insane hours, lotta bandaids out there right now, and there's another storm moving in

~CS~
We had an F1 tornado move through my area not too long ago. I know all too well about temporary fixes but they are necessary. The main thing is you aren't a "door knocker" and when time permits you will be back to fix it the right way.

Pete

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.