Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
8,932 Posts
I’ve broken all that into paragraphs- thanks telsa- hope that it makes it easier to make sense of and someone is able to pass along some ideas. Cheers.
Thanks, it really does make a difference reading it :thumbsup:

I'd focus on the incoming service. Either a bad Tx, or a neighbour is passing neutral current to this service.

Measure the current on the ground wire, I think you'll see current. If it stays there when you shut off the main, you know it's from someone else.
If you don't find anything there, then do the same with the neutral on the service.

*edit* adding a ground rod at the trailer will only hide the problem, but will fix the tingle problem

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
8,932 Posts
:thumbsup:

^^^this phenomenon happens more than most realize ..... apt advise starting with the concept of an internal Vs. external malady ~CS~
Agreed. Re-reading his post, he didn't have everything shut off at the same time. Definitely rule out internal first.

Wonder if that trailer has batteries and an Inverter too ... Worth disconnecting that too.

Reactions: telsa
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.