Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you calculate the load that different sizes of all thread, bolt rod and strut can hold?

I have seen it hold quite a bit of pipe and I am confident in the Hilti anchors. They are an awsome product when used correctly. I would hang my weight from any rack I have installed and bet it would hold up just fine. But everything has its limits. :blink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dam. 265 on one piece huh? You cant beat the ease of installation and the capability of these products. But I just worry that perhaps what I am anchoring into could be flawed or is the guy doing the fire alarm pipe going to have to lean down on my rack to install his. Ya know, not my problem type sinnarios really. However if I knew that I was way under the weight limitations I would feel a little better about it.

As far as product documentation, our strut and bolt rod do not come with any. Not sure about the anchors. They may make this information available on their website. I'll have to check it out.

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
All the products have cut sheets, for example, here are the allowable loads for Strong-Tie drop-ins.

But I will say despite those ratings, there can still be foul-ups. Even though the lowest ultimate load for a 3/8 anchor is 2,400 pounds, myself and two other ******** managed to yank one clean out of a ceiling when we rigged a pulling sheave to it.

It was either set wrong or the concrete hadn't cured long enough to give maximum pullout strength, either way it was still an unpleasant surprise when we were all hanging our asses off it and the whole mess came down like a ton of bricks.

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
But I will say despite those ratings, there can still be foul-ups. Even though the lowest ultimate load for a 3/8 anchor is 2,400 pounds, myself and two other ******** managed to yank one clean out of a ceiling when we rigged a pulling sheave to it.

It was either set wrong or the concrete hadn't cured long enough to give maximum pullout strength, either way it was still an unpleasant surprise when we were all hanging our asses off it and the whole mess came down like a ton of bricks.
:eek::eek:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
All the products have cut sheets, for example, here are the allowable loads for Strong-Tie drop-ins.

I'm not sure if they factor a live load into that or not.
A load at a perfect stand still is quite a bit different than a sudden load.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.