Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a few months short of earning my level one and two and was looking for advise about things that you can't learn in the classroom

Thank for you time

Kilroy
Wpg, Mb, Canada

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
I was in a bar one time playing pinball, and there was a guy playing pinball on the machine next to me. Some guy comes up behind him and just stabs him out of the blue. I was right in the middle of smoking this machine (I had won a bunch of free games), and my buddy was behind me watching so I knew he had my back, so I moved my beer over to the side of the machine where the guy wasn't getting stabbed, and . . . Oh wait - were you looking for electrical advice ?

Reactions: Restoration

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
I'm a few months short of earning my level one and two and was looking for advise about things that you can't learn in the classroom

Thank for you time

Kilroy
Wpg, Mb, Canada
Keep checking this site, you may learn something.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

I am 70 and still asking questions !

;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wildleg said:
I was in a bar one time playing pinball, and there was a guy playing pinball on the machine next to me. Some guy comes up behind him and just stabs him out of the blue. I was right in the middle of smoking this machine (I had won a bunch of free games), and my buddy was behind me watching so I knew he had my back, so I moved my beer over to the side of the machine where the guy wasn't getting stabbed, and . . . Oh wait - were you looking for electrical advice ?
You had me on the edge of my seat with your story, lol. Yes I do mean electrical advise, the kind you have to experience and maybe wish someone passed would have told you when you were starting out anything really

·
Registered
103 Posts
Most of the things needed in this trade you just can't learn in the classroom. My advice..... Don't play hooky and show up to work everyday. Soak it all in and then you start to tie the two ( class time and field experience) together. Everything starts to make sense.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts

Thank for you time

Kilroy
Wpg, Mb, Canada
Welcome to the forum jump right in the fire you will learn lots fast....:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
This is a rough crowd:notworthy::lol::clap:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Being a first year also, i would say to just go with a great attitudeeveryday and choose to love all the crappy work apprentices get stuck with, they will respect u for it. Never give up and good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
backstay said:
Become a wall street banker or a lawyer.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like if you had a chance to do it again being an electrician wouldn't be your first choice?

Kilroy (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still looking to pick your experienced minds for advise regarding any aspect with the job

Thanks for your time and your wisdom

Kilroy (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts