Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im looking to start school around winter of 2014.its a nine month course and i will be 32 by the time it completed.i was wondering is this to old to be an apprentice?just a little bit worried because there will be some guys who have been doing this for decades...thanks

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
not at all
the biggest benifit i see here is you have been around a while so you will tend to look at things differently than most younger apprentices
and tend to be a bit more cautious.
be thorough in everything you do, and take advantage of any training you can get.

Reactions: FlyingSparks

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Don't worry about it! Let the talkers talk (bump their gums), avoid the group discussions.

Show up on time, try to stay infront of who guiding you. Be attentive, and alert
on the job.

Be respectfull to all; try to work with an older gents or ladys, most will show and teach you correctly.

Have and wear your PPE, Don't slide on any aspects of PPE just because another crew is so included to be stupid.

Follow all, on the job safety rules. Work Safe, Act Safe, Be safe!!!

Many people have started out later in life, Don't worry aboout it!

Enjoy, Study ON!

Welcome to the Forum!

(IBH)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
When I have studied anything, if it sounds remotely boring or confusing to you, then you need to learn as much as possible about it.

You should also read these forums regularly, there is a lot of good information here. It'll be funny if you go in with opinions about the electrical trade such as ground up or ground down, before you even attend your first class.

Thanks for posting, and good luck with your future endeavors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.