Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,any help from uk sparkys would be most helpful, i have to connect 9 flats and a landlords supply,i think a ryfield board is being installed by the supplier with 10 fuses. q is can i connect the swa submains direct in to the meters thus being protected by the co fuse or do i need a separate switch fuse for every flat,the cupboard size suggested by the elec/co seems to small for me to get 10 switch fuses in and a landlords board. thanks.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
It may be that a landlords cupboard will be provided at a ground floor location in to which the Supply Co will install 10 separate meters. From this position you will need to install 9 switch Fuses ( something similar to the Wylex 110 range) and connect from these to the distribution board ( consumer unit) at each flat. In effect you are just extending the meter tails. You can use 16mm as the sub feeders, but you will need to determine the thermal effect factors otherwise 25mm will be the sub main of choice.The 10th meter you can connect to a local consumer unit within the meter cupboard for landlord usage. In all instances you will need to take a 16mm Main earth with you or by calculation utilise the SWA armouring as the Main Earth - see appropriate BS7671 tables for this one '

Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.