Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a Fluke 233 with a wireless display, which comes in handy, with i410 clamp attachment it is extremely safe, capable of a few things most multimeter are unable to do.

Fluke has got the repuatation of making a great multimeter, Klein's I find alright, usually being over priced from the range and functions. Have you given any thought to extech series? They are extremely solid.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I have to say I am very happy with my 381 if you are looking for something other than the Kleins. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah that looks nice... Yes i want true rms and i would rather just get the most versatile so i dont have to shell out a couple hundred later

·
Registered
90 Posts
My on the job meter is a Klein CL2000, I love it and would buy another if anything happened to it. My side job meter is an ideal "tight sight" it's nice, it was free, no complaints. My garage meter is an old fluke.

·
Registered
49 Posts
StaticFilter said:
My on the job meter is a Klein CL2000, I love it and would buy another if anything happened to it. My side job meter is an ideal "tight sight" it's nice, it was free, no complaints. My garage meter is an old fluke.
Lol. Side job meter

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
Definitely go with Fluke. Figure out how much you want to spend, then buy the next more expensive model up. That way you wont regret it later. Then know when you drop it down a 7 story elevator shaft you can send it in and get it flat rate repaired for $150. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found it 50 bucks pawn shop just need clamp attachment. Love the no contact function so cool to walk up to a wire and read voltage no leads required :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have to say I am very happy with my 381 if you are looking for something other than the Kleins. You won't regret it.

I have this same meter. It may be a little pricey for some folks, but it's so damn handy. I was working with a guy the other day and we were getting a current draw on a motor and he asked how much it was pulling. I just pulled the screen off and handed it to him. He looked at me like I was from another planet. Funny thing is he made fun of it as we went in the plant and then telling me how cool it was when we got out. Bottom line, for the features it's well worth the money. It minimizes time that you're in front of exposed conductors. That's worth its weight in gold to me.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Do the Fluke 381's still have problems with the batteries going dead when the meter is off. I have one at work batteries seem always to be dead. I use my 337 more than than the 381. LC

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do the Fluke 381's still have problems with the batteries going dead when the meter is off. I have one at work batteries seem always to be dead. I use my 337 more than than the 381. LC
I flip a battery over inside the screen before I put it in my bag. No problems so far, it's been about a year now.

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,935 Posts
I have a Fluke 233 with a wireless display, which comes in handy, with i410 clamp attachment it is extremely safe, capable of a few things most multimeter are unable to do.

Fluke has got the repuatation of making a great multimeter, Klein's I find alright, usually being over priced from the range and functions. Have you given any thought to extech series? They are extremely solid.

Extech is junk. Far from "solid".

·
Registered
596 Posts
I use a T-600 fluke(I have one in each truck),its the most practical,one hand meter out there,if I need a clamp meter,there's one in the truck,but the one that's in my back pocket is the T-600. The price varies,shop on line for any meters. Bench meters(I have several) are clumsy on the job.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts