Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Last year I started using HD Supply for most of the stuff I keep in stock. With an account set up they give next day shipping with no minimum. As far as the amount of stuff they keep in stock it's probably a bit more than a Home Depot or Lowe's. The prices they give me with my account are probably still just a bit more then supply house.

·
Apprentice
102 Posts
I normally buy the 3m wire nuts from platt electric. It's the cheapest per wire but include shipping cost per nut. When I order the orange blue nuts are about 7 cents each ( shipping included). I just bought 200 rolls of 3m temflex black tape from eBay for about 79 cents for each roll with shipping per unit included. They are in good condition.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Now did you use Amazon because these firms will not sell direct ?

I'm not sure if I understand your question

As a random data point (and probably not the best example), Amazon has the P&S CRB5362-W 20A receptacle for $2.98. Platt has it listed for $9.57. Gordon has it listed for $2.69 with $10.00 shipping.

At a certain point, inertia takes over. I buy a lot from Amazon. The account is already set up. If I can avoid driving somewhere for a few cents more, I will do it.

Also, a while back I knew I was going to be short on 4" boxes. I didn't want to take time to drive to the SH, so I ordered 30 Steel City boxes from Amazon. I have Amazon Prime, so I knew they would be here two days later with free shipping.

You can also get some great deals on tools on Amazon. Using CamelCamelCamel helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.