Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
http://www.saferingz.com

When I worked in a shop I was always getting on people for wearing rings.

I've purchased from this fine company and received a great product and even better service. If you or your ball and chain insist on wearing a ring do yourself favor.
Works good, much cheaper than gold too:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ironically, my wife doesn't wear hers much because she's apparently allergic to platinum. But I've been happily ringed up with my .2 ohm ring that "doesn't conduct electricity" for the last 7 years!!

·
IBEW Local#269
339 Posts
I simply take mine off and leave it in the glovebox before I go on the job.
Don't really see the need to wear a ring on the job.

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the memory of a fish and some how end up with my hands near voltage randomly so I haven't worn a ring in a long time.

·
Conservitum Americum
8,870 Posts
I'm gonna order mine after we move to the new house.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I simply take mine off and leave it in the glovebox before I go on the job.
Don't really see the need to wear a ring on the job.
I never wear one anyway.

Its the damage done to your finger if it gets hung up on something is what I would worry about.

Reactions: BababooeyHTJ

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
http://www.saferingz.com

When I worked in a shop I was always getting on people for wearing rings.

I've purchased from this fine company and received a great product and even better service. If you or your ball and chain insist on wearing a ring do yourself favor.
Thanks, just ordered 2. I've almost had my finger ripped off several times, almost got my ring tattooed on my finger. This is perfect, and inexpensive :D

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I'm about to don one again

and i've been to a few gruesome deglovings btw:(

d*mn the torpedoes!:thumbup:

~CS~

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Good idea. I lost my gold ring a month after marriage
while canoeing with my wife -- she was there.

My Dad gave me his ring which was mostly a nice gesture
except for him telling me about his Army buddy whose ring
ripped his finger off while exiting a vehicle. Which was the
reason Dad never wore it.

I would wear a ring but it's a PITA.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Took mine off for a live work job years ago and forgot to retrieve it, then when I remembered, it was gone so I thought I lost it. Wife asked where it was that first day and I explained why I had taken it off, but didn't say I had lost it. She never said anything more, so I never said anything either, preferring to let that sleeping dog lie. Went on like that for 5 years...

Finally one day we were talking to another couple about their upcoming wedding and the women started tallking about rings. I cringed, expecting this to turn ugly. My wife casually mentions that I had taken mine off one day for work and she had put it in her jewelry box. She said it had been in there for the past 5 years, but was patiently waiting for me to ask what had happened to it...

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I find it crazy that someone would wear a rubber ring just to "show" they were married. Give me a break!
Agreed. But some women are crazy. :laughing: If youre going to wear one though rubber is certainly better then metal.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Mine sits on my night stand when I'm at work. No reason to wear it there, especially with the hot new QC girl at the fish plant.
I thought she was at the shrimp plant. Damn story doesn't add up, I tell ya.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts