Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
4,729 Posts
Great post made me think.
T7 & T8 must only latch in or toggle a latching alternator relay. When K2 gets energized it lets K4 pull in for x amount of time depending on cap. As long as K4 is held in by cap before discharges it will send a alternate pulse out when K2 pulls back in.

·
Registered
Residential, lite comm., Industrial
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
NM , i figured it out

@just the cowboy , you are correct , i forgot to put that K4 is a ratchet relay , it just needs a pulse from the cap to toggle
all it does is alternate

the rest has come to lite for me after i walked away for an hour

each relay that has a probe attached to the coil will come on when the probe is covered

K1 is attached to E1 and E2
K1 is on when E1 and E2 is covered (tank full)
K1 remains off when E1 is not covered and E2 is covered while the level is rising
edit :
E2 is a latch function so to speak when the level is rising falling, but not when falling rising

K2 is not attached to a probe
K3 is attached to E3 (E3 is run both pumps)

·
Registered
Residential, lite comm., Industrial
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
industrial E,I&C
4,581 Posts
maybe ..... but i doubt it
that may be how they do it nowadays
but the original drawing is dated 1976

Back in the day conductivity sensors were high voltage. (i think they worked by causing a voltage drop across the transformer dropping the coil out). The relay simply used the ground to complete the circuit between the probe and metal tank.

Might still be able to find them on old boilers and lift station.

Camera accessory Camera Gadget Cameras & optics Font

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
3,596 Posts
Back in the day conductivity sensors were high voltage. (i think they worked by causing a voltage drop across the transformer dropping the coil out). The relay simply used the ground to complete the circuit between the probe and metal tank.

View attachment 168947

An old standard in the ready mix industry is the 1500 series. The just don’t quit.

·
Registered
Catenary, traction power
263 Posts

View attachment 168947
I had to troubleshoot a lift station yesterday that had one of those. Still works great and it looks like it was installed in the 70s-80s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts