Electrician Talk banner

Tempservice

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  papaotis 
WHat do you guys use for the meter to restore power before comed can install meter.

The answer to your question will get anyone who replies, blasted from our peers. In any case I will tell you that I have heard of electricians using metal box supports, we call em "F straps". Of course I would never do such a thing. No matter what you have to call the power company immediately and let them know you've temporaily fed through the meter.

Smashed conductors of a suitable size may work out best for you. Doing anything of this sort is not going to be acceptable by any on this board.

The meter that I pulled out of the old service before demoing it.

If the house was damaged, and the fire department was involved, then the electrical company removes the meter from site. Although the method you outlined is the preferred, there are instances that require a little more ingenuity.

Cant have pipes freezing overnite. Power has to be restored. Customer has no place to go. Ect ect

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.