Electrician Talk banner

Tempservice

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  papaotis 
You do it here and you will be taken away with chrome bracelets. The only way is to put the original meter back in place. If the meter was locked out for any reason it is advised to let them cut the seal. If we do cut the seal, do the work we are to put the plastic nipples back on the meter and reinstall it and reseal it so it still has no power. I saw my old boss do this once where the power had been shut off/sealed, he cut the seal and we installed a meter socket and panel. When finished after inspection he pulled the plastic nipples and energized the home. The POCO showed up a couple days later after the inspection was called in and found the house live. The POCO called the Law and the HO called my boss. My boss showed up and explained what he did and after calming the POCO rep down he was let go, otherwise my boss was going to jail for theft of services.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.