Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The boss told me today that he wants the four of us each to have a jumper set. I am think maybe. 6 to 8 three to 4' bright colors. Also I am thinking each man should have his own color. They should also be 18 maybe 16 AWG and extremely flexible. Any ideas where I might buy something like that

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
The boss told me today that he wants the four of us each to have a jumper set. I am think maybe. 6 to 8 three to 4' bright colors. Also I am thinking each man should have his own color. They should also be 18 maybe 16 AWG and extremely flexible. Any ideas where I might buy something like that
radio shack for alligator clips w/ #18 THHN

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,986 Posts
I buy extra long fluke test leads, then you can use all the different style of ends as needed..

Start with the basic and work up.

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just flexible wire with alligator clips on each end. The Fuke leads would not work for what we need. Thanks LC

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I don't know who makes them but I have seen a set that used rare earth magnets ( really friggin strong) to hold onto terminal strip screws or onto bolts, etc.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you have a meter with a 10A jack on it you can leave the meter in the off position and put your probes in the common and 10A jacks and you then have a 10A fused jumper. I find this easier and safer then a straight piece of wire with alligator clips on the ends. If you really want that though any HVAC supply house will have a jumper set with magnetic tips on the ends. I like those better because it will work with most terminal you are trying to connect to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts