Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Why is it your problem? It's a UL listed appliance, as far as I see it, we are responsible for wiring up to the main terminals.

Sent from my C5215 using electriciantalk.com mobile app

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shockdoc said:
Why is it your problem? It's a UL listed appliance, as far as I see it, we are responsible for wiring up to the main terminals.
I have to wire the motor. The peckerhead cover is 1/2" away from the sidewall. I'll have to pull the motor

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sbrn33 said:
Ponyboy, why are you wiring the internals of a RTU? Trane is normally pretty darn good stuff.
It's a VFD driven blower motor for a chiller system. There's 14 of them. We're doing all line voltage and another contractor is doing controls.

·
Fond of three phase
1,649 Posts
It came from the factory like that? :eek:
It was probably in a warehouse somewhere.
Someone needed a motor real bad, to replace one that failed under warrantee. They couldn't get a motor right away, so one of the reps told a worker to pull a motor from the unit in stock.
I seen that happen many times.
I looks like a Baldor motor. A decent motor. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
retiredsparktech said:
It was probably in a warehouse somewhere. Someone needed a motor real bad, to replace one that failed under warrantee. They couldn't get a motor right away, so one of the reps told a worker to pull a motor from the unit in stock. I seen that happen many times. I looks like a Baldor motor. A decent motor. :rolleyes:
2 out of 14 were like this. And the other 12 were miserable to work on as well. I've been working on trane stuff for a few years and this is nothing new. Frankly I'm not impressed with their equipment or their field guys. And their drives are enormous pieces of shít.

·
Sparks fly from my finger
2,530 Posts
Try taking out the baldor and have to put a tefc Toshiba in its place.

You could have wired it without opening the pecker head. Just get the seal tight with the jumper terminals.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
It came from the factory like that? :eek:
I have to wire the motor. The peckerhead cover is 1/2" away from the sidewall. I'll have to pull the motor
Send Trane a bill for your time. :thumbup:

I did it -twice- to a major projector manufacturer when they kept omitting drive kits on the machines I ordered. :mad:

After the second billing, I got the kits installed .. and was only charged 50% of the normal kit price. (I think my note on the last P.O. to the effect of "Don't make me come out there and motivate you guys" had something to do with it. :) )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.