Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
I read about this happening on here way too often to doubt it but I have never snapped a Klein screwdriver in my life. And I'm hard on them. Is it possible different plants use different materials and they end up shipped to certain areas?

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never used to cry when I lost a Klein driver, as they only have a 6 month life expectancy anyway.
It sucks when you lose a Wera driver though, you get attached to them.
Weras are a different kind of suck, ie the metric tips. I just keep going back to 1/4" Kleins for my main screwdriver. I was using it to get a plastic box popped off a stud far enough to use my ***** but she went pop, and out came the tip from the handle. I have used older Klein screwdrivers for much worse and they have held up better than this one.

Back in the day, you only had to buy one set of Klein tools. If one broke, for whatever reason, it was replaced no questions asked. My old man didn't have to buy more hand tools until the 2000s. Now a screwdriver lasts 6 months laybe, a Phillips lasts 2, and line man's last a year or so. Make these damn tools better, Klein!

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
...Now a screwdriver lasts 6 months laybe, a Phillips lasts 2, and line man's last a year or so. Make these damn tools better, Klein!
Pretty much. I'm hard on everything, but by the end of my love-affair with Klein I was burning through Philips and Robertsons inside of 90 days. That's just completely ridiculous.

I also dislike metric tips, but my original Wiha #2 Philips is going strong after three years of daily abuse. I'll trade crappy standard drivers for metric quality any day of the week.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I have NO idea what you guys are doing with your Klein tools but mine seem to stand up very well.

Then again.....I hardly work at all.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I read about this happening on here way too often to doubt it but I have never snapped a Klein screwdriver in my life. And I'm hard on them. Is it possible different plants use different materials and they end up shipped to certain areas?
Orginal Thread: http://www.electriciantalk.com/f17/electrician-gifts-69655/
Originally Posted by CADPoint
Get him the Klein brand barbeque tools and add in the bottle opener. Get him something from your heart! (It'll be the best gift)
No way. I heard that Klein grill fork will bust in half just trying to pick up t-bone. The quality just isn't there anymore.
No way. I heard that Klein grill fork will bust in half just trying to pick up t-bone. The quality just isn't there anymore.
Come on, which is it ? :) Which way is Pony heading....

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Big John said:
Pretty much. I'm hard on everything, but by the end of my love-affair with Klein I was burning through Philips and Robertsons inside of 90 days.
I'm gonna take a picture of my #2 square drive tomorrow and post it here. I've had it so long and used it so much that the handle has been worn away to an hourglass shape, and the tip is still good. I believe what I read here about the bad luck with kleins but I'm just not having the same experience

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.