Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Yup. It's T&M. Frustrating, for sure. If you don't let it get under your skin, and keep a good attitude about it, you can make it nice and still get paid. With jobs like this, communication is the key. I find myself needing to explain all along the way exactly what is wrong, why I need to re-do it, and what it will take to accomplish that. Build value along the way, is what I'm trying to say. It helps with getting paid at the end for a job that the handy-hack thought he had "almost done".

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Geeze... that falls into the "what were they thinking?" category. The left side cover screws are literally under the interescting wall. Bummer.

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
:laughing: When I was doing service work I didn't even have a rate, I just outright refused because work was thick and I hated those jobs. Took a couple of them and lost a lot more in aggravation than the money made up for. I feel about electrical work the same way I feel about any other trade: If what you're doing has the potential to injure or kill someone, you'd better be darn sure you're doing it right.

I would knock someone for DIY structural framing (and I have) the same way I would for intensive DIY electrical work.

-John
Certainly. Like building a deck, for instance.

Nobody's ever been watercuted by the plumber or died of shock from a poor sheetrock job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.