Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The handyman, The electrician's worst nightmare. Have any of u been to a job, where the homeowner meets u at the curb. 6:56am Not even outta the van yet, I would like to have that last sip of my caffinated drink, and finish my news article i'm reading! He's already starting to tell me about his great wiring job (which he couldn't hire me for in the 1st place). But he has ran outta time and just can't finish it. And "hey that price u gave me that includes all the light bulbs right!!!":laughing: You walk in and it looks like a spider has run a web of romex. he said he had run a few wires but "wow! (how much is 12/2 copper per foot right now?? ) No clue where any of it goes. The dumby says"you'll be done here by noon right??:thumbup: yeah sure idiot. These are people I just want to strangle. :censored: "Hey u can run this here and that there and I put this here so this will do this".........Bla bla will u please leave so I can Try to fix your stupid mess. I deal with a lot of dumb handy homeowners and like to vent it on others...sorry. But if u are laughing, .......you've been there!!!:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Electricians are a special breed, we (for the most part) feel no one but an electrician should do electric work. But we are expert DIYer's at everything else

In addition as part of service work I have had to remove and reinstall siding, do minimal brick work, concrete work, tile, drywall work, carpentry ect, but let another trade touch a wire and we go off the deep end.
QUOTE]
Well, let me tell u why this puts ME off the deep end.........How long do we have to be educayted(theres some spelling for the teacher to correct):laughing: and how much testing do we have to do to obtain our lisences????? :blink: A hell of a lot more than a Mud man!!!!!! I can throw up some mud whenever I fix Mr. Handyman's:001_huh: flying splice in his wall!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.