• Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice on an outside electrical box. The power is running from the house through conduit into this box. In the
Plant Grass Groundcover Shrub Gas
Plant community Wood Pollution Grass Gas

box, it then goes to pool light in conduit and into a koi ponder (buried line/no conduit.)

I would like to get these box off the ground and install a large box with a transformer in it to make the dangerous 110 light a 12v light. What is the best and easiest way to this? Can I splice the wires inside conduit to have three conduits running into a box about a foot off the ground? Thank you.

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
Reactions: Signal1

·
Registered
14,972 Posts
I need some advice on an outside electrical box. The power is running from the house through conduit into this box. In the View attachment 167541 View attachment 167542
box, it then goes to pool light in conduit and into a koi ponder (buried line/no conduit.)

I would like to get these box off the ground and install a large box with a transformer in it to make the dangerous 110 light a 12v light. What is the best and easiest way to this? Can I splice the wires inside conduit to have three conduits running into a box about a foot off the ground? Thank you.
You can’t splice inside conduit.

300.13 Mechanical and Electrical Continuity — Conductors.

(A) General.

Conductors in raceways shall be continuous between outlets, boxes, devices, and so forth. There shall be no splice or tap within a raceway unless permitted by 300.15, 368.56(A), 376.56, 378.56, 384.56, 386.56, 388.56, or 390.56.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.