Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
Nice ...:thumbsup:

do those springs on the xformers help with sound & vibration PR?

~CS~

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice ...:thumbsup:

do those springs on the xformers help with sound & vibration PR?

~CS~

Well when the high tec sound crew comes in ill video them so you can see what they do its a special test they do at 2am with fully loaded power . And they use special equipment to find it any vibration must be nulled. :laughing:

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's really nice. Is there a significance for the red paint where the straight conduits come out of the wall?

Well its a significant building code thing you see when you poke a 2 hour fire wall you fill it with rock wool and 2 inches of fire chaulk it can not be solid concrete or filled in with block work . The color is the rating of that
area you see theres different colors for different applications . plus its stamped by the inspector .

If you don't you fail inspection by the building dept has nothing to do with electrical inspector its a national fire building code .:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
18,554 Posts
For some reason, it hurts me to see all of those tight bends on the small conduits.
It looks like a mistake was made routing the pipes.

Nice looking job though:thumbsup:

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Well its a significant building code thing you see when you poke a 2 hour fire wall you fill it with rock wool and 2 inches of fire chaulk it can not be solid concrete or filled in with block work . The color is the rating of that
area you see theres different colors for different applications . plus its stamped by the inspector .

If you don't you fail inspection by the building dept has nothing to do with electrical inspector its a national fire building code .:thumbsup:

That rock wool's good stuff..:eek::laughing:

·
Premium Member
18,554 Posts

Is that a job at the Cape?
You mentioned electrical inspectors.

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is that a job at the Cape?
You mentioned electrical inspectors.
Well I have worked at the space center many times years ago but they don't have electrical inspectors from the local county .

They have independent inspectors who work for just NASA under contract by space center. You just don't walk on the site out there plus there not part of the permit local crap that a normal job has.

But no its not the cape its a performing arts center .

Every job we do has a inspection by the local electrical inspector doesn't your work get inspected ive never did a job since ive been in the trade and not had one .

Now lets get back to the conduits which your talking about I cant wait to see what your looking at .:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Good job Piperunner. It must be a real pleasure to work on a job and for a contractor that has enough money in a job that lets you do work like that.

Once again good job.
LC

Reactions: Big John and JMC679

·
ANY MONKEY CAN RUN!
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good job Piperunner. It must be a real pleasure to work on a job and for a contractor that has enough money in a job that lets you do work like that.

Once again good job.
LC
Well its not that we have money or estimate that. We just like to do our work straight and clean like it should be .I actually get bitched at for doing it right by my company at times so don't think its just a free pass.

I really like to do it once and not twice and most jobs we do have a electrical inspection and a commissioning team which walk the job daily
they take photos and report to the owner each week .

If you deviate from the specs or the plan . Its in our contract to redue that work ASAP you get a written letter from the engineer a correction notice .
On top of that they hold us to a date of completion and hours to time lost
for holding up other trades it can cost you money if you slam it in .

Plus most big contruction companys today look at that history if they see your past work was low qualifier for the next job.

Your company is toast not getting the job even if you low bid your out .
Theres a fine line you must take do it right get bitch at and make the buget
or hit the road . Personally ill take the lumps and do it right .

·
Registered
31,175 Posts
Did you ever say what this electric room was for, the type of facility?

·
Florida resident
3,898 Posts
Did you ever say what this electric room was for, the type of facility?
It's the Dr. phillips performing arts center another one of mayor buddy dyers white elephants

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
piperunner said:
Well its not that we have money or estimate that. We just like to do our work straight and clean like it should be .I actually get bitched at for doing it right by my company at times so don't think its just a free pass. I really like to do it once and not twice and most jobs we do have a electrical inspection and a commissioning team which walk the job daily they take photos and report to the owner each week . If you deviate from the specs or the plan . Its in our contract to redue that work ASAP you get a written letter from the engineer a correction notice . On top of that they hold us to a date of completion and hours to time lost for holding up other trades it can cost you money if you slam it in . Plus most big contruction companys today look at that history if they see your past work was low qualifier for the next job. Your company is toast not getting the job even if you low bid your out . Theres a fine line you must take do it right get bitch at and make the buget or hit the road . Personally ill take the lumps and do it right .
. Reminds me of a few times my old boss would come out to a job . It was like the pope was coming to visit , lol ! Everyone looking for their hat hats because those days , nobody really forced the issue . As I'm Giving him the grand tour , anything that he saw that looked mildly time consuming , he's ask me " How many man hours did that take ? " I felt like telling him to go back in the office and let the guys in the field figure this out and try to make you more money , lol ! Looks nice man !

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Nice Plumbing Pink! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts