Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice job on the turning. Funny thing is I bet I'm the only one that knows that the block plane is a Veritas bx-60 from Lee Valley. I really want the nx-60 myself though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice job on the turning. Funny thing is I bet I'm the only one that knows that the block plane is a Veritas bx-60 from Lee Valley. I really want the nx-60 myself though.
It is hands down the best plane I have ever used in my life, if I had unlimited unfunds I would own two of everything from lee valley. good eye on you

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I just use the opener on my keychain, my linemans, a screwdriver, the edge of a table, a bic lighter, or any number of other tools. No need to make one.

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
I just use the opener on my keychain, my linemans, a screwdriver, the edge of a table, a bic lighter, or any number of other tools. No need to make one.
Yeah, what he said.

I already have a klein and a craftman opener that are never handy enough.

Kudos on the creativity. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A french man, a bottle of wine, a shoe and imagination has proven that point! :thumbsup: Necessity is the mother of invention.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
A french man, a bottle of wine, a shoe and imagination has proven that point! :thumbsup: Necessity is the mother of invention.
I've opened plenty of wine bottles with a 3" sheetrock screw and my linemans. Alcohol is the mother of ingenuity, and ingenuity is the mother of invention, donchaknow.

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
Going_Commando said:
I've opened plenty of wine bottles with a 3" sheetrock screw and my linemans. Alcohol is the mother of ingenuity, and ingenuity is the mother of invention, donchaknow.
I can't tell you how many times I have done this.

I used to keep a screw and pair of linemans in the knife drawer until some jack wagon bough my wife a wine opener for Christmas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts