Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this thread to hopefully follow the "New Toys' thread style, but instead of listing toys, how about we add new things we learned today....

I started my first resi rough in, i've learned alot already...

How to build a "spinner" for romex rolls.

How to mount spools to the studs.

And in general, how to efficently wire a room... Though I'm not very fast (yet)

Oh, and how when its 13 degrees outside, its 7 degrees inside.... All day.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I started this thread to hopefully follow the "New Toys' thread style, but instead of listing toys, how about we add new things we learned today....

I started my first resi rough in, i've learned alot already...

How to build a "spinner" for romex rolls.

How to mount spools to the studs.

And in general, how to efficently wire a room... Though I'm not very fast (yet)

Oh, and how when its 13 degrees outside, its 7 degrees inside.... All day.
It is a great thing to keep a sense of humor when you are working in harsh weather. Keep it up. You'll do fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have some way to get rid of the static electricity that builds up on your lift. The plant im working in right now it builds up like crazy. Always forgetting about it and when i touch my hangers i shock the myself every damn time!

Did it once with my forehead today! Was a bit mad after that one!

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
Have some way to get rid of the static electricity that builds up on your lift. The plant im working in right now it builds up like crazy. Always forgetting about it and when i touch my hangers i shock the myself every damn time!

Did it once with my forehead today! Was a bit mad after that one!
If it has the white nylon tires, it should have a strap that drags on the ground near the steps to get it. If its missing throw on some #6.

·
IET
1,599 Posts
Event

Always, I repeat ALWAYS make an online appointment for the dmv. The dmv opens at 8am. At least I am on vacation, and my daughter and the puppies are waiting patiently to go to the beach.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I learned that trane communicating air handlers do not require a humidistat when installing a humidifier. You have to intercept the internal humidifier wires and power a transformer off them. Then bring 24 volts to the solenoid of the humidifier. The smart thermostat senses humidity.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Never open a thread that is titled "can I du..."
And I learned hanging wallpacks with a extension ladder isn't any fun.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
I learned that Phoenix is a great place to play softball in the dead of winter. Shorts and short sleeves at 10 AM :thumbup:

I didn't just learn that today though. We just like to brag about our weather in the winter.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've been in that static setting on the job and resorted to carrying a screwdriver with me. Hold it in your hand, touch the shaft and use it to ground yourself out. You won't feel a thing.
Yea buddy. Watch the arcs fly. We were in a hotel and the painter covered the hallway carpet in some thick plastic. Made the job miserable.

But today I learned the boss leaves at 2:30 on holidays and the turn pike is wide open at that time !! Happy New Year

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
ive learned that MOST of the people here have a sense of humor, but it depends on what day, subject, etc., but without the holidays, friday nights are usually best! HAPPY NEW YEAR:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.