Electrician Talk banner

Things I learned today...

3K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  SamoanThor 
#1 ·
I started this thread to hopefully follow the "New Toys' thread style, but instead of listing toys, how about we add new things we learned today....

I started my first resi rough in, i've learned alot already...

How to build a "spinner" for romex rolls.

How to mount spools to the studs.

And in general, how to efficently wire a room... Though I'm not very fast (yet)

Oh, and how when its 13 degrees outside, its 7 degrees inside.... All day.

#10 ·
Event

Always, I repeat ALWAYS make an online appointment for the dmv. The dmv opens at 8am. At least I am on vacation, and my daughter and the puppies are waiting patiently to go to the beach.

#12 ·
I learned that trane communicating air handlers do not require a humidistat when installing a humidifier. You have to intercept the internal humidifier wires and power a transformer off them. Then bring 24 volts to the solenoid of the humidifier. The smart thermostat senses humidity.

#21 ·
This place can get pretty entertaining on Friday nights. When a couple of these guys are working on a good drunk, and at least one or two others are in the mood to stir the pot, this place turns in a regular comedy show.

Of course the mods seem to put an end to the fun before things get really good. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.