Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While working on a house built in the 1800's trying to locate a rogue mc whip my partner and i remove a panel in the corner of a closet while digging around in the wall space we pull out a huge knife

Even stranger is the fact that the customer has complained of lights randomly turning off and on and doorbells ringing randomly... May have found tue problem?!

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
And one summer, in band camp...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Neatest thing I ever found was a cigar box in a crawl space . When I opened it inside was a military issue 45 .
It was the ladies dead husbands.
When he left the military they let him keep his side arm.
Nobody even knew it was under there.

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com

·
Registered
70 Posts
While working on a house built in the 1800's trying to locate a rogue mc whip my partner and i remove a panel in the corner of a closet while digging around in the wall space we pull out a huge knife

View attachment 37101

Even stranger is the fact that the customer has complained of lights randomly turning off and on and doorbells ringing randomly... May have found tue problem?!
It'd be cool to do a search on the history of the house and see if there was ever a murder! ...oh it's pretty scary

·
332 Posts
I was looking at doing a small job for a lady in town once, and I noticed as I was fixing to look under the house, I saw a big chain that was connected to the stairs to the deck, go under the old falling in brick foundation. When I stuck my head under the house, I saw what was on the other end... A pit bull...at least that's what it looked like in carcass form...I just left

·
Registered
110 Posts
That would be creepy.

I was doing some work in a house that was being renoed. I was the only one in the house and I hear distinct footsteps walking around in the bedroom above me. No carpets in house, the heat register was missing so I could kinda see into the room.

I went up stairs an no one was there. Went back downstairs and right away hear the footsteps again. Could not see anything and no answer when I called.

Thought it was interesting and went back to doing what I was doing.

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
That's awesome. The coolest thing I found was an old Big Mac container back when they were styrofoam. Don't know why but I thought it was cool.
I remember the local McD's used to have so much Styrofoam trash they had to store bags of it on their roof. Then they came out with the McDLT, with a hot side and a cool side container 3x larger than the Big Mac tray. That was the last straw for the enviro's and they waged war against McDs so hard they pretty much eliminated Styrofoam from their business model altogether.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I went to look at a vacant house a customer was thinking about buying, just to check it out for them. Had a real creepy feeling in that place, all the bedrooms upstairs had padlock hasps on the outside of the doors.. Only time I've ever felt creeped out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.