Electrician Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a laudromat to add circuits for clothes dryer upgrades. I should have snapped more pics at the hackmanship but here is what would normally take me 4 hours took me 7. i had to pull a second circuit to 5 single clothes dryers getting upgraded to doubles. Just a matter of pulling in new conductors, swapping breakers and switches from single poles to doubles and installing 3 wire whips. easier said than done when dealing with long island workmanship. I bet the original installer was all happy with himself thinking what a nice job he did.

Reactions: wildleg

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trouble downloading pics

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
11/2 wiremold system with the toggle switch disconnects recessed into it. I'll try downloading again. FAILED.
Gotta switch this thing back to tapatalk

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aren't you the guy who roughs jobs with the intent of screwing the next guy?
I often leavesomething mislabeled so if the GC screws me he only ends up screwing himself and customer and whoever takes on the job.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I often leavesomething mislabeled so if the GC screws me he only ends up screwing himself and customer and whoever takes on the job.
I've just started frontloading my rough-in bills. This helps ease my nerves when I don't hear back from them for the trim out.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok tapatalk is back.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's the wall bejind the dryers. Stuff sucks with the devices incorporated in it.

Reactions: 360max

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
In the one pic, it looks like the flex is snuck in behind the black pipe and is touching... Is that a gas line? Would that ok by NEC?

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In the one pic, it looks like the flex is snuck in behind the black pipe and is touching... Is that a gas line? Would that ok by NEC?
They had the BX whips taped to the gas hoses. Using two separate single pole switches to control one double stack unit fed with a 3 wire whip. A 1 1/2 " emt run is terminated directly into a 3"x3" wiremold end box. Over the suspended ceiling all j boxes are screwed into the ductwork. This is a typical long island hack job which had Ray Charles as an electrical inspector.

Reactions: glen1971
1 - 16 of 16 Posts